Seraphic
CastStoryArtFanForumStoreLinks
--- Fan Fiction and Artwork Gallery ---
Your Art Our Art Fan Fic Contests

Goodbye Babylon
By lucifer


"...I truly cannot believe that it's come down to this. All these years, and all the sacrifices we've made to survive, not to mention the decades of preparation and careful planning. They could all very well have been for nothing. And what for? For one man's ambitions to govern us. It's pitiful, and juvenile. After all, we've been stuck in this floating prison for well over a thousand cycles. It is time we end our exile. Its time we return and reclaim what is rightfully ours. And we don't have time to waste on such foolish setbacks. We cannot let them divide us! We, as one, must reclaim the Earth! That is the undisputed truth."

The speaker, a strikingly beautiful young woman no older than thirty, with long, bright red hair loosely pulled back, and in a military jumpsuit, finished her monologue, gathered her papers, and walked away from the podium. She then happily sat down in the front row of the cavernous auditorium, as loud, generous applause washed over the room, which she seemed to soak in. The panel of a dozen stern looking men and women sitting behind the podium then whispered amongst themselves, but after a moment, called for order, which did not come until a few minutes later.

Once the room settled down, the panel called forth the next speaker. "General Marduk Gaol. Present your case." In that instant, the jubilant room turned dead silent and the air filled with a sense of apprehension, while a tall, dark man, royally dressed in a military uniform proudly stood up, his chest dripping with medals. Not even glancing at the glaring red-head, he proudly walked from his seat, onto the stage and over to the podium.

"Citizens of the glorious airship Nirvana!" The man exclaimed. "I, Marduk Gaol, as a fellow citizen of this vessel, assure you, that I have no wish to rule you. In fact, I desire nothing but the best for all of us." He said, looking down at the redhead who was still glaring. "I only wish to create a peaceful and secure future for our kin." He eagerly continued. "One, where we all can live feely and equally, with no worry or pain." At this statement, the woman, clearly disgusted, sharply looked away. "I merely suggested we allow the military exercise more control in our government. After all, you owe much to us." He said, wryly, as the woman became restless. "In fact, we are, and have always been, ever your protectors. So, it is only fair that we receive a greater role in this final act. And fear not, fellow citizens, for any power we have shall be just, and fair. Thus, do not hesitate to trust us to lead the way. You owe us at least that much." Said the man sternly, as he turned around, bowed slightly to the panel, and walked off the stage as the audience applauded apprehensively, as a quiet murmur overtook the room.

Archive | Cast | Story | Art | Fan | Forum | Store | Links

Legal Beagles:
All content copyright © 2002-2007,2010
Jekka Cormier and Sarah Hevey